Saturday, April 4, 2009

RIP, MJ Jeans...(I need advice.)

I don't wear pants often. However, I have managed to wear my favorite pair of denim to shreds. Quite literally. The Marc by MJ jeans I purchased...um, awhile ago (okay, so embarrassingly enough, it was way back in my junior year of high school.), are worn through and through. And not in a cool, distressed, Margiela-Balmain-etc-destroyed-to-perfection kind of way. They've really reached more of a torn to the point of public indecency stage.

Which brings me to this point: I need help. Until I get my hands on an extra $200 (which will probably be after I graduate from college), I need to find a decent pair of dark denim. I'm thinking Urban Outiftters because, a.) The store is two blocks from my apartment, and b.) Because unfortuantely, that is the price point I'm working with. Now, I tend to steer clear of the store because I go in there without money and tend to leave with even less money. How is that possible?! Some real G.O.B. Bluth trickery they have going on in there. Alas, I digress...I've perused the website, which has denim categories of skinny, twig, AND cigarette. Is that necessary? Right now, at the top of my list is the BDG Black and Blue skinny. Before I start settling, does anyone have their own tales of UO denim gone awry to warn me with? Or perhaps some suggestions?

Sigh, it has been a good threeish-fourish years...This is a photo from nordstroms.com For some odd reason, as much as I've worn these jeans, I can't find any photos of me wearing them...cry.

11 comments:

  1. wearing out my favorite jeans was possibly the saddest thing i ever experienced. i hope you find a great new pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BDG is my favorite brand, I love pretty much all of Urbans jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're great jeans. It sucks when your favourite pair dies :(

    My favourite brand of jeans is 18th Amendment (they're an Australian brand, but I think you can get them in the US). They don't stretch 2 sizes after you've worn them. I LOVE them.

    http://mirth-thehouseof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh really!? have you spent a lot of time in KCMO? i'm not sure how i felt about it and i was just wondering if you had some insight on the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why dont you try h&m?
    on the sales u can find some cheap stuff
    xD
    or bleach ur old one!!ya thats a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah that is kind of the impression i got. i went to the first friday and it was crazy packed and really fun... but there isn't really any cheep public transportation there and the streets are all really confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like UO jeans, but beware, they also wear out very quickly. Your MJ's just prove that quality counts if you've had them for so long.
    I like cheap monday jeans as well if you're looking for cheap and good quality xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never worn UO jeans, but I've heard they're good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheap monday's are amazing!! So sad that your jeans are dead because they really look amazing in the picture you posted. Hope you find an amazgin replacement.

    xoxo
    Stephanie
    Ps. I tagged you, check out my blog for the details...

    ReplyDelete
  10. go to urban! thats where i get all of my jeans, they have the best super skinny dark wash jeans ive ever found

    ReplyDelete
  11. UO has great jeans for cheap! I bought mine from Abercrombie they were like 100$.

    -fashion on edge

    ReplyDelete