Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Edie.

Another post regarding an obsession of mine. I should change the name of this blog to something that hints at my infinite lists of infatuations. I have been interested in the life of Edie Sedgwick since about the age of fifteen. I think it was when I saw a photograph of her in Elle Girl (RIP Elle Girl. Anyone else have intense love for Elle Girl?) with Andy Warhol and Chuck Wein. After that, I was pretty much Edie obsessed. I actually own Ciao! Manhattan, which is the incredibly bizarre film she stars in, and if anyone is interested in some reading material on her, Edie: American Girl has so many thorough, beautiful, and accurate accounts on the life of Edie, and it's wayyy more accurate than Factory Girl. There are times when I'd like to just pull an Edie and show up to dinner in a fur coat over tights and call it good. With the right false eyelashes, chandelier earrings, and opaque tights, Edie's mod glam style could be achievable. But there can only be one Factory Princess.
The photo that started it all for me...


7 comments:

  1. I love Edie; have you seen Factory Girl? The third picture you uploaded is my favorite, PS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie is pretty much my inspiration. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she was the coolest, such an original with impeccable style. so sad she had to go before her time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this girl, and i have the same bday as her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I remember that exact issue of Ellegirl. That made me squeal.

    Edie is such a huge icon for me, especially because my interest in her as a youngun lead to me digging deeper and finding Jane Birkin... loooove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I miss Elle Girl so much!

    Anyway, Edie is like the perfect model in my opinion. Perfect face and body obviously, but she had an undedniable presence and sense of self while not taking things too seriously.

    ReplyDelete