Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More 90s

I'm talking BSC right here. I loved The Baby-Sitters Club. Like, read a few in one day loved. I wish I still read several books a day that I actually enjoy instead of agonizingly trying to fit in reading I book I don't even want to read into my already hectic week. I've never liked children, but damn it, Ann M. Martin had me believing that being a baby-sitter would be the raddest gig around. I always liked Stacey because she was a New York City transplant in Stoneybrook. I sort of liked Dawn too, and had a brief stint cheating on the BSC with the marginally-racy California Diaries that focused around Dawn and her CA group of friends.

What Claudia Wore is this awesome blog that includes excerpts of the series regarding the details of what my grade school heroines wore. Those of you who feel like you need to fill a certain BSC-specific void in your life (like myself) will be way into it.

The Original: Kristy's Great Idea. What's that? Are those houndstooth pants that I see? And some kind of yellow and red printed overalls? Even while less exciting than Claudia and Stacey's get-ups, there's something to be said about Mary Anne's (denim?) jumper and knee socks.

On a note unrelated to childhood, Stephanie of Modern Antoinette has tagged me!
1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.


2. Tag eight other un-tagged people. Eight seems ridiculous!


Questions


What is your current obsession? Uh, school? Lame, I know, but it's all I've had time to obsess over. Perhaps also audition preparation.
What is your weirdest obsession? Probably strange vintage house wares, like little ceramic animals and plaques that are in the vein of 'God Bless This Trailer'
What are you wearing today? I wore a loose grey long-sleeved thermal, leopard print mini-skirt, motorcycle boots, tights, Pamela Love bear head ring, and giant purple vintage necklace.
Why is today special? I got to take a nap?
What would you like to learn to do? Sew! Spelunk?
What’s for dinner today? I have no idea. I wish it were something really good, but it will probably be something like a PBJ, easy mac, or rice and vegetables. COLLEGE IS AWESOME!
What’s the last thing you bought? Like something fun? Because, I don't remember. Besides that, I bought lunch.
What are you listening to right now? Charles Gibson...rawr.
What is your favorite weather? Depends on when you ask me. Right now, I would have to say sunny and 70, because this snow/freezing rain/30 degrees in April thing is super Lame.
What is your most challenging goal right now? Getting all of these assignments for Journalism done on time. Getting ready for my audition!
What do you think about the person who tagged you? She is such an awesome blogger! I wish I were that good about taking outfit pictures.
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? New York City brownstone.
Favorite vacation spot? Well, New York City I suppose. I haven't really gotten tired of it after 18 trips so I think it is indeed my favorite, haha.
What would you like to have in your hands right now? A kitten? Pad Thai? A million dollars?
What would you like to get rid of? Stress. Hah.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Homehomehome.
Which language do you want to learn? Well, since I'm working on year two of Russian, I think I'll stick with that.
What did you dream of last night? I don't remember, but the night before last night I had a dream about high school.
Who do you want to meet in person? There are way too many...
One thing that you would snitch out of someone’s closet, with no regrets? A dress from Dior's New Look Collection. Vintage, impeccable, timeless.
What is your dream job? Actress, fashion journalist, stylist.
Favorite style steal tv/movie right now: Showgirls. The Virgin Suicides. Gossip Girl.
Favorite literary character? Holly Golightly.

11 comments:

  1. I need to get rid of stress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your answers are wonderful, pad thai sounds perfect! I loved loved loved the baby sitters club, i actually meant to put that down as my favorite children's book on my survey, but got distracted. I read them in single nights as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, i used to love those books. learning russian must be difficult! admirable though xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never get into the baby sitter's club, but yes I do recall that their clothing descriptions were hilarious. Didn't they re-write them to modernise the clothes? That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember reading that book in 3rd grade
    xx

    the crumpet girls
    http://crumpetandt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved the babysitter's club. so so so much. boy crazy stacey was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i used to love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yea, college is absolutely awesome!
    anyway, i love your blog banner! was that you?! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, i was ridiculously obsessed with the babysitter's club books. I MISS THE 90S! *feverishly begins listening to a playlist of backstreet boys, britney, nsync, and LMNT*

    good times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In second grade I read all the babysitter clubs, i was obssesed.
    XOXOXO
    Libby
    www.fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oddly, a friend of mine was Mallory on the original TV series.

    ReplyDelete