Sunday, April 19, 2009

I want candy.

Now that the season seems to finally be on the nice and consistent track that I so desire, I have found that I have a little spring in my step (Oh! Word play!). It also helps that I recently found out that my summer job will be pretty fantastic! The callback I was intensely nervous about was for a paying job in a musical, and I landed a role. I'll actually make enough money doing one month of rehearsals and shows that I can just spend the rest of my summer in my hometown hanging out and hopefully doing some traveling (can't miss NYC in the summertime!). So, despite the fact that I had to write a tedious annotated bibliography today and edit a Russian essay, I'm in a good mood! Thus, this good mood makes me only want to wear pretty things. The mind wanders to visions of flouncy skirts, airy florals, candy colors, and sweet lace-ups. In turn, I have become obsessed with the Marc by Marc Spring 2009 collection. My favorite is probably this look on Karlie:
Any variation of this would be my ideal ensemble for a spring afternoon. A crisp and light white trench would be completely perfect on those days when the weather is a little chilly when I leave the house. The lace up flats are particularly cool, and take the sugar edge off of the purple floral frock, which is totally necessary. I am now also reconsidering the cool factor of the simple and sleek ponytail (I have an aversion to wearing my hair up!), and I'm thinking about putting the zillions of scarves I have to use! I could make a gargantuan post of the things I'm looking forward to, the beautiful things I'm lusting after, and all the inspiring things I'm surrounded with--but I suppose I will save those for posts to come. In the meantime, what are you looking forward to/lusting after/inspired by?

Life is good.

Tiny photo. Wearing: H&M graphic print dress, Urban Outfitters sheer mint colored top, and Capezio ballet slippers.

6 comments:

  1. congrats on landing your role!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits, and the designs for costumes will no doubt be perfect, congrats on the wonderful role!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww you look so pretty! Love the dress!

    I also have an aversion to wearing my hair up. It gives me a headache and I'm always scared there is too much face on display! Try a side ponytail, I always feel that they're a nice compromise as it's technically up, but you still have your hair over your shoulder to comfort you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on the role! that's so cool! also, i love your capezio slippers. i'm not a dancer, but i really want a pair! they just seem so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That look is exactly what I want to wear for spring too, especially the white jacket! xx

    ReplyDelete