Thursday, April 23, 2009

Live from New York.

Maybe I have just watched far too many vintage episodes of Saturday Night Live, but I do believe I have a legitimate infatuation with 1970s New York City. It was pre-Giuliani, and it looks like it was dirty, glamorous, gritty, sketchy, and totally free. Times Square wasn't Disney-fied and filled with chain restaurants. Everyone was probably on coke, but that does not make me any less obsessed with places like Studio 54 and Max's Kansas City. On the whole, I just really love New York City. After 18 visits, I'm nowhere near tired of it. I would venture to say that I'm at my happiest and freeest when I'm pounding city pavement. And these photos just make me want to move to the city and run through the streets in high heels.





PS: None of these photos are mine, and I'm not claiming they're mine. I did the classy thing and searched Google Images. However, this photo is indeed mine:

Tiny hotel room at the Larchmont, West 12th between 5th and 6th, NYC.

11 comments:

  1. your pic is the best :) you look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with sarah. Great pictures all around tho! xo Cari http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I would love to have gone to Studio 54. I like your photo the best too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photo is amazing!
    i love new york city. it's honestly one the most unbelievable places in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is beautiful... so beautiful.

    Please tell me you've seen the Wackness? You would love the Wackness... it is waaaack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo is wonderful, I agree with mary, the wackness is amazing, it is the dopeness actually. I love NYC, allot, and also am obsessed with studio 54 and max's and and everything that goes along. This post truly made my night! You should read "please kill me" by legs McNeil I think you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 18 times! Lucky :)
    I've been.. zero. Your pictures just make me want to go more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great google finds! your own picture is really interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glamorous.

    i love it!

    -zarna
    zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Google IS supremely classic. And I love the last picture of yourself. The hotel room looks glam and cozy, somewhere you'd want to crash after a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post. dirty glam NY in the 70s......freakin' inspiring.

    ReplyDelete