Friday, March 13, 2009

Word on the Street

My favorite street style photographs of the week...

Source: AltaMiraNYC via Teen Vogue. Why I'm digging it: How SICK are those stockings?! Alas, they are Gaultier and I will likely never get my hands on them until something similar trickles down. The boots have a perfectly slouchy cuff and shaft, but the heel adds a sleek element. Plus, the a.wang bag...

Source: The Face Hunter. Why I'm digging it: Louise can do no wrong. I love it from top to bottom. The head band, band/military inspired jacket, fringed oversized clutch, matte leather-like leggings, and ankle boots are perfection. Not only are they all stand out pieces alone, but they look fantastic together. Oh yeah, I also love her hair and wish mine would look like that every. Single. Day.
Source: Garance Dore. Why I'm digging it: I rarely wear pants. If I could style them as expertly as this lady, I may reconsider. The jeans are perfectly worn in without being too overtly 'destroyed,' and they are moderatly high-waisted without venturing into the way trendy 'mom jean' territory. I'm way into the skinny belt, and the color of that over sized scarf is the most perfectly ripe hue of juicy orange.

Source: Garance Dore again. Why I'm digging it: That saffron jacket! AHH. I'm not exactly sure what is going with that non-bow shoulder to shoulder sash thing, but I am way into it. I'm sort of surprised that I'm lusting over something as simple as a structured black bag with minimal gold hardware, but next the thrifting trip I take I will be on the lookout. This photo also makes me want to stack on a bunch of glittery, delicate bangles. All about the details.

Source: The Sartorialist. Why I'm digging it: A fantastic monochromatic look. I feel like every time I try to go for a monochromatic black ensemble, I just look like I'm wearing a sad jumble of shades of black that faded in the washing machine. I think she pulls it off because of the multiple textures. Wool cape (I WANT A CAPE!), leather gloves, hardware bedecked leather bag, perfectly opaque leggings, and shiny but not patent lace-ups. It all works beautifully. Who needs ivory when you've got ebony that looks this fantastic?

15 comments:

  1. I incredibly love the first look, especially the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the yellow jacket! awesome, oh.

    xo ;3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the first pic, and the yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you pick amazing photos, i love the red military jacket it is to die for, as well as the saffron one!!
    Karen
    www.acupofvogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, I added you to my blogroll too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits!! especially the frist and the second :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that military coat and saffron jacket are gorgeous! I've been meaning to find a pretty colored spring jacket for quite a while now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorites are the first and 4th one

    i lvoe the tights in the 1st photo, they are sweeeet!
    and i LOVE the yellow in the 4th picture, its so bright and sunny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. damn those tights!!!! <3

    xoxo
    www.littlemissdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh i adore wang bag atfirst pic!!great post love all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the tights in first pic(L)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are all amazing, i adore the red jacket, and those stockings are perfect! I tagged you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah i love them all! the bright yellow jacket is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh and im linking you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that saffron jacket? yes pleeeease. I LOVE this shade.

    ReplyDelete