Thursday, March 26, 2009

Los Angeles, I'm Yours

More on L.A...

Celebrity Sightings:
Fergie
Mike Dirnt of Green Day (I wanted to thank him for giving me a great first concert experience at the age of 7. I was such an 90's alt rock child...)
The guy with the stupid hair from The Secret Life of the American Teenager (How hilarious is that show? Plus, Molly Ringwald. Bomb stuff.)

Purchases (photos likely to come as items make outfit appearances):

Black lace dress? Top? Thing to wear with discretion? (all of the above) from Forever 21

Long, sheer, soft-as-butter lilac racer bank tank top from Forever 21. I had to buy this for $9 after touching the $80 version from the T by Alexander Wang line at Barney's. This is a total knock off. Oh, well.

Big gold statement necklace and some round shades, also from Forever 21.

Supercrazyawesome black suede Steve Madden heels with a hidden platform (those are life savers, in my opinion) and multiple ankle straps to boot. Just the kind of pseudo-bondage shoe I was hoping to find.

Marc by Marc tote in a red-orange shade that I'm obsessed with and trimmed in navy leather. Makes me feel like I should carry it while wearing a tube top and roller skating. In other words, I find it to be adorably 70s.

Marc by Marc paint-stroke like dress. It is so beautiful, and the colors are primarily blue and another color I'm obsessed with, sherbert peach. I can't wait to wear it once the forecast stops calling for snow.

Outside of L.A. purchases from Spring Break includes lots of thrifted vintage (some of which will be SOLD in the near future on eBay. Any old readers remember that I sell vintage once in a while? Solid Gold Vintage will be back, mark my words!)

Outfits Worn:

I love Disneyland. Floral dress: vintage, Levi's Denim Jacket: vintage, Leggings: American Apparel, Navy shoes: Keds.

Dress: Vintage, Blazer: Vintage Escada, Black eyelet motorcycle boots: Urban Outfitters
Coral and gold chain link necklace: Vintage, Gold bracelet: Vintage from India

I look painfully bored...yikes! The aforementioned purple tank and sunglasses: Forver 21, white blazer: H&M, pencil skirt: American Apparel, repeat: boots, bracelet, and necklace.

I'm hoping to keep up with regular posting, but I have so much to do lately! Anyone else out there horrifyingly busy with school work and the like? If so, do something nice for yourselves this weekend. Take a mental health day! I plan on working from my bed on Saturday and not getting out of my pajamas until at least four p.m.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I just love the blazer with the floral dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous...this trip looks like so much fun.

    I love that second outfit you're wearing!
    You're really pretty!

    xoxo
    Stephanie
    www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really likethe second outfit. LA sounds like a good time! I've never been there, but it sounds like all the things I've heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. no worries, they totally look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfits! And I'm so jealous of your purchases!

    ReplyDelete