Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1970s Daydream.


There is something about the weather warming up that makes me only want to wear floral mini dresses and grow my hair ridiculously long. Thus, I am becoming obsessed with the 1970s and anything that makes my mind wander to green grass, sugary air, sun-drenched days, and infinite amounts of free time. The Lisbon daughters of the Virgin Suicides, Brady girls, and Shelley Duvall (the actress pictured above) are perfect examples of how I want to be dressed on such idyllic days.

My own interpretation, with several variations to come, I'm sure:
White eyelet mini-dress by kimichi and blue, vintage suede boots, vintage band jacket.

3 comments:

  1. Oh i am exactly the same way- all I have been doing is collecting as many head bands and flowery minis I can find! These are wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look. Its so cute :)

    Echo, echo-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you mean! on the first warm day of the year i always wear a maxi dress and sit in the park

    ReplyDelete